Whey is a valuable by-product created when manufacturing cheese. Sweet whey is obtained when producing soft, cut or hard cheese, sour whey is obtained when producing cottage cheese or curd cheese. Related to the amount of raw milk, whey contains about half of the nutrients, consisting of milk protein, lactose, vitamins and minerals.
MHG offers you:
- planning and execution of plants for whey heating and evaporation
- equipping of plants with evaporators or separators for removing cream and dust from whey, as required
- planning and execution of plants for heating and proportioning whey cream, as well as plants for heating and decantation of whey dust
- planning and execution of plants for lactose production, consisting of crystallisation tanks, evaporators, reverse osmosis plants and decanters
- Experience with plants realised so far, having capacities of up to 60,000 l/h